Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At America Auto Service & Body Shop in Chicago
Auto AC & Heating Services
Inspections & Emissions
General Auto Repair Services
What People Say About Us
This place is great! They did a wonderful job & returned my car promptly. They were very straight forward about the work that needed to be done on my car, and didn't push extra projects. I will definitely be back!
We have trusted this shop for years. They are great & have become our friends.
I've used America Auto Service countless times since I wrote my first review. Never a single issue, always happy and always priced right. Highly recommended!
I can't say enough about America Auto. Octavio and his team have been servicing my vehicles for over a decade, and I have consistently been impressed with the prices, the quality of the work, the prompt attention, and above all the HONESTY of the work. Octavio has a total enthusiasm for what he is doing for your car, and he shares that with you as the customer! Many times I have left his shop with a new education in how my vehicle works. You will always see the old part and the new part, with a thorough explanation on what was wrong and why. Very highly recommended!!
I am more than pleased with the service provided me by America Auto Service. Octavio and his team did a great job on my car which has a lot of issues. They explained me what exactly was the problem and finished everything very quickly and professional. Totally recommend!
I highly recommed this shop. Since the day I first arrived, it was great customer service. My car was involved in a car accident on Sept 03rd and before I decided to go with America Auto Service & Body Shop, I searched 2 other shops around the area that did not provide good customer service at all. They where more worried if the insurance was going to pay for the services or not. America Auto Service & Body Shop truly did a very good job with the repairs on my car. My car looks brand new and its a 2010 Honda Civic. I am satified 100% and if I ever need their services, i will come back without any doubt. Try them, you wont regret it.