America Auto Service & Body Shop has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Chicago, IL.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also America Auto Service & Body Shop's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Discover More About Technician Opportunities At America Auto Service & Body Shop in Chicago
Automotive Service Manager
What People Say About Us
This place is great! They did a wonderful job & returned my car promptly. They were very straight forward about the work that needed to be done on my car, and didn't push extra projects. I will definitely be back!
We have trusted this shop for years. They are great & have become our friends.
I've used America Auto Service countless times since I wrote my first review. Never a single issue, always happy and always priced right. Highly recommended!
I can't say enough about America Auto. Octavio and his team have been servicing my vehicles for over a decade, and I have consistently been impressed with the prices, the quality of the work, the prompt attention, and above all the HONESTY of the work. Octavio has a total enthusiasm for what he is doing for your car, and he shares that with you as the customer! Many times I have left his shop with a new education in how my vehicle works. You will always see the old part and the new part, with a thorough explanation on what was wrong and why. Very highly recommended!!
I am more than pleased with the service provided me by America Auto Service. Octavio and his team did a great job on my car which has a lot of issues. They explained me what exactly was the problem and finished everything very quickly and professional. Totally recommend!
I highly recommed this shop. Since the day I first arrived, it was great customer service. My car was involved in a car accident on Sept 03rd and before I decided to go with America Auto Service & Body Shop, I searched 2 other shops around the area that did not provide good customer service at all. They where more worried if the insurance was going to pay for the services or not. America Auto Service & Body Shop truly did a very good job with the repairs on my car. My car looks brand new and its a 2010 Honda Civic. I am satified 100% and if I ever need their services, i will come back without any doubt. Try them, you wont regret it.